Benefits of Becoming a Member of the Tommy Thompson Park Bird Research Station
We would be delighted to welcome you as a member of the Tommy Thompson Park Bird Research Station!
Most of our operating budget comes from fundraising, and your membership will help support our primary program, Migration Monitoring. This program takes place at the research station on Peninsula D at Tommy Thompson Park in the spring from April 1 to June 9, and in the fall from August 5 to November 12.
During these migration periods, our station coordinator and a group of dedicated volunteers work diligently to conduct bird banding and census surveys within the research area. Long-term trends from these data help guide conservation efforts at local, provincial, national and even international levels.
Member support ensures the continued operation of the Tommy Thompson Park Bird Research Station and bird conservation in Toronto and beyond. To thank you for your support, you will receive:
- Regular migration monitoring updates emailed directly to you
- Special invitation to TTP events
- Priority registration for Spring Bird Festival and Butterfly Festival hikes and activities
- A TTP Bird Checklist
- A tax receipt for your membership fee
Annual Membership Costs:
- Annual memberships run January 1 to December 31
- Memberships purchased after November 1 will be valid for the following year
If you have any questions about the membership program, please contact us at 416-661-6600, extension 5770, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.